Friday 3 July 2009

Family

When I was growing up, I spent a fair amount of time at boarding school. Consequently, I didn't have a particularly close family life and wasn't close to my sister growing up.

As an adult, I therefore decided to "adopt" people as my surrogate brothers and sisters. I am very glad I did this as it has brought me much joy and some excellent friendships.

I mention this today as, at lunch, I saw one of my "brothers". I feel very lucky to know him as he is an extraordinary individual and is very inspirational.

It also makes me feel good to know that I would go to extraordinary lengths to help my family, both real and adopted, should they need it. For some reason I find that very satisfying.

Right, my flight has been called so I will be off now.

Happy 4th July.

No comments:

Post a Comment