Wednesday 6 May 2009

Why would you do this?

There we all were, Onsen finished, in the tiny, tiny bar next to the UWannaDie Lodge for a bit of Apres Ski.

The bar has 2 distinguishing features. There is a large model helicopter hanging from the ceiling. The other is the gorgeous home made valve amp used to play music in the bar. 

Some number of  beers later, we ended up with a young lady lying on the table, midriff bared, belly button pointed at the ceiling. I then watched in disbelief as my friend C proceeded to snort vodka from her, admittedly very shapely, belly button. Usually it was whipped cream or chocolate sauce being licked off midriffs, so this was a bit of a departure.

I watched C carefully to see what happened. His head didn't fall off or anything drastic. But, his eyes went from a "with it" look to a "nobody's home"  look in a heartbeat. He then had to be taken away and put to bed. 

Oh dear, oh dear.

Some more beer later, my friend A ended up being doused in paraffin. It is still not clear to me to this day, why the individual concerned poured paraffin all over her... in a bar.   People can die from accidentally being set on fire after stuff like that.

So, all in all, an evening of "Why would you do this" moments.


2 comments:

  1. Mouse, a few thoughts:
    - "Why would you do this?". Answer: "Because it's Japan" (right?)
    - Body hair:
    1) the feminist in me in me says you have got to accept women with lots of body hair, if that is the way we feel comfy, why should we let our male chauvinistic society dictate what we do with it? *nips off to burn her bra, feminist style*
    2) I actually hate body hair and agree with the rules of our male chauvinistic society and try to remove some of it. Though for a certain body part, one day due to communication problems with the beautician in HK it turned into "remove all of it". Ouch.
    - I just read your non HNT post and it's SO MISLEADING MOUSE!! We wanna see your back for real now :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I saw a lot of funky shit go down in Japan so maybe it's something in the water.......

    & there's no misleading about non-HNT. I gave you something to look at in the meantime, whilst I get my act together.....

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete