Wednesday 21 January 2009

iPod issues


The other day Madam Mouse and I got into a cab.  We had your standard issue Cantonese man with a blocked sinus. However he had the radio turned on low and was listening to some beautiful classical music.  After some hard listening, I realised it was Beethoven's 9th (which I really like).

We got out of the cab, thankful that the cabdriver had eschewed the usual diet of wailing cantopop (which I don't like at all) and felt quite well disposed to him despite the staggering amount of sniffing that had gone on.

In a very unsettling way, the music followed us and it was at that point I discovered I had turned my iPod on in my pocket. It was my music after all.

Aha ahahahaha.

But apparently I am not alone in doing this, so I now feel much better about the whole thing



4 comments:

  1. Your iPod is that loud? I'm amazed your ears aren't bleeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, it has a speaker.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. And had it been some extremely rare, esoteric, bangin house tune of the sort you favour, you would have leapt up and shaken the poor man by the hand to congratulate him on his excellent taste... or, arguably, you might have twigged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try "Eastern Promise" by Dorigen Music. It's excellent and 11 minutes long.

    ReplyDelete