Friday 26 December 2008

Calm before the storm


Well, here we are in the hiatus between Christmas and New Year. The evening of Boxing Day and hopefully the worst bacchanalian excesses over with. Presents have been presented, drink has been drunk and revelry has been reveled in.

My mind is inevitably drawn to next week where, according to my calendar, I only have Thursday off. Gah! Lots of work to do and the dawn of what will almost certainly be a 2009 full of shite. Ho Hum.

Mouse Mansions is also the site of considerations about New Year Resolutions. Doubtless they will be similar to 2008's although I might sneak "Get a new battery for my watch in January" in there. This should be a SMART goal.

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
Timely

Yep, I think my goal is all that. Now for the other ones.......

Apropos of nothing, my title reminds me of....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdnxBA7qLjU


3 comments:

  1. No no no 2009 will be good, it's just my hunch, but it will pan out ok, promise..
    Good luck with your resolution(s). I have faith, you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words, Evie. I am thinking that maybe one of my resolutions will be to have a more positive outlook (a la Secret, which incidentally I own but haven't read).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decided not to make resolutions, I never keep them. However, your version seems quite achievable.

    Therefore, my resolution for this year is to sych my ipod more regularly so it has up to date podcasts. And charge it more often.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete